The EWC provides a safe and well equipped facility at the University of Alberta, a team of qualified coaches and trainers, structured practice sessions, and numerous opportunities for local, provincial, national and international competitions.
The reward isn’t as good without the struggle
Wrestling is like fighting a gorilla
You don’t quit when you are tired, you quit when the gorilla is tired
Failure is part of success
But failure will never stand in the way of success if you learn from it
There are no losers in wrestling
Only winners and learners
The Edmonton Wrestling Club runs a competitive youth wrestling program for all levels from 5-18 years of age.
10 Reasons Why Kids Should Wrestle
- Wrestling develops basic athletic skills.
- Wrestling develops personal responsibility.
- Wrestling develops mental toughness.
- Wrestling teaches about nutrition and weight maintenance.
- Wrestling brings kids together and builds a strong camaraderie.
- Wrestling develops discipline.
- Wrestling brings different cultures and countries together.
- Wrestling teaches an individual how to focus on something and master it.
- Wrestling provides opportunities to further education.
- Wrestling is fun.